Wednesday, April 3, 2013

GAME OF THRONES SEASON THREE PREMIERE:


GAME OF THRONES SEASON THREE:



Game of Thrones Season 3 is off to a good start! The only thing I didn’t like about it was that the dwarf Tyrion remains stripped of power. Meanwhile, the Khaleesi is raising an army, and it appears that a big battle is about to happen. Those dragons are growing up. Logic tells me they wouldn’t bother to develop the dragons without seeing them fully grown and in battle. Khaleesi has a ragtag army put together. I don't know whether to root for her, Tyrion, or the ex-Starks, but definitely not Stannis Brartheon for me! I secretly wish Tyrion would rule Westeros, but it doesn't look likely; I was crushed at the end of Season 2. I'm divided.

Meanwhile, in House Brartheon, it seems Milisandre the sorceress is also trying to go on another attack! There should be another huge battle. And Robert Baratheon has defected to the Khaleesi. I can only hope that Khaleesi’s recent successes don’t foreshadow an early death.She appears to have avoided an early death already from a scorpion-thing. Robert was quick about that!Anyway, it makes me wonder with Robert being an expert swordsman, will he train the Khaleesi’s army? And will the Lannister’s be able to hold King’s Landing from Stannis without Tyrion? I hope Tyrion comes back in full form!

 In supernatural news, I also hope John Snow will be fighting white walkers very soon! He, in my view, could be the one to bring House Stark back, if only he were legitimate. He’s already made allies beyond The Wall!

So, my overall review of the premiere? Anywhere from great to really great. I just hope Tyrion can regain his honor. Then, again, as House Stark proved, honor doesn’t mean much in George R.R. Martin’s world. But, maybe the Stark’s will come back too. Who knows?  People who read the books, I know!

I know there are books to read. I should most definitely read them. But at this point it would just seem like cheating. I might read them when the show is over. Depending on how depressed/uplifted I am by the show’s finale. Though I don’t imagine I’ll be disappointed either way. Say what you will about the immorality of Game of Thrones, whatever conclusion it comes to will fit together logically within the show‘s premise. It is fundamentally, after all, a show about power; and not always who wields it justly. In the Game of Thrones, “you win or you die.”







1 comment:

  1. I have never seen this show, however I have heard good things about it. I do have the set of books sitting right next to me but I haven't touched them yet..

    ReplyDelete